Friday, February 5, 2010

Finding Joy In This Pain

Yesterday was our first doctor's visit and it went pretty much as expected. I saw the nurse practioner for my first visit and she asked me lots of questions, mine and Travis's family history, etc. She didn't even go into what I could and could not eat, she said she doesn't care what I eat at this point as long as I'm eating!! My kind of woman!!
The due date was officially established as October 2, 2010!

Most of our discussion revolved around my severe cramping. For the last 4 nights I have been up all night is sever pain from cramping and back pain. I called the on call nurse 2 days ago and she seemed to think everything was ok, as there is no bleeding, etc. So when I saw the nurse practitioner yesterday she also was very reassuring in the fact that cramps are normal in this stage of pregnancy. However she was just a bit concerned at the severity of them so she ordered blood work today and Monday. The purpose of the bloodwork with reveal the level of the "pregnancy" hormones from Friday to Monday. If the level decreases there is a need to be concerned as that could indicate my body is trying to miscarry, if the levels are close to the same or higher, then all is well and normal.

Last night was probably my hardest night as the only relief from the pain is to stand. Well, I can't sleep very well standing...ha ha. Also unfortunately I sit most of the day at my job as well.
I know the Lord has all of this under control and my body is just adjusting to this new precious life inside of me. I pray, though, that I can get some uninterupted rest soon!

We are going on vacation soon to Grand Cayman and I knew what the answer was going to be but asked anyway..."Can I scuba dive?" Wishful thinking I guess = ) She did say I can eat all my favorite seafoods though, that was good to hear.

March 1st will be our next appointment with Dr. Bell and will be the first time I have an ultrasound. We will get to see the baby and hear the heartbeat! We are so thrilled for that day.
I can't imagine going through this experience without Travis. He has been so incredibly wonderful and supportive, staying up with me in the night, praying with and for me and the baby, waiting on me hand and foot, always asking if I need anything. What amazing traits he is passing on to our children and it reminds me of the verse:

Exodus 20:4-6 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your god, am a jealous God, punishing the Children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments."

This is our desire for our children, that the blessings that have been passed to us from generations would continue. And because of our Love for the Lord, thousands of generations will see the blessings of that!!!!!!
I stand in amazement of who God is and the way he loves us, the way he designed life and how perfectly the process works! I have more to be thankful for than my lips will ever be able to profess.

3 comments:

  1. you look so beautiful em! I will be praying that you find rest and that your levels will continue to rise as normal! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you guys, I'm just so excited - and I am so glad you started a blog so people like me who love you dearly but happen to live waaaayyyy too far away can still know what's going on. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you both too! It makes this experience so much more special when people you love are just as excited for you as you are for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete