I almost immediately got back and explained to Trav, Mom and Dad, and Meg (she came too), that they want to rule out an ectopic and tubal pregnancy. After many many many hours there, through an ultrasound, lots of bloowork, etc. The doctor finally explained that the blessing is my baby is exactly where it needs to be, however...my body may be trying to miscarry and that is why I've been experiencing such excruciating pain, all the time. He (ER Doc) called in it a threatened miscarriage. He also had contact with m OB and they asked I call on Monday to get in to see them asap this coming week.
There is nothing that can be done to prevent a miscarriage, if your body decides to, then it will happen, however, there are some things they told me I need to do or not to do that will help with aggravating it: bed rest till I see my OB, no heavy lifting, no baths, etc.
I must say that one piece of joy in this is that to this point I had not seen any evidence of this
amazing life inside of me, but yesterday (even though she wasn't supposed to), the ultrasound tech let me see my precious baby. Words cannot express how that felt, just as big as a grain of rice but there, so tiny and perfect and just how God has created, him/her. To anyone it just likes a blog, but the Lord already knows the number of hairs on his/her head knows if it will have blonde straight hair like mommy or dark curly hair like daddy, or a mixture of the 2!! These things keep me in amazement. Not that I doubted the 6 pregnancy tests I took that were all positive... ha ha, yes 6! But, seeing my baby inside my womb is nothing that can be described.
The doctor said so far so good. The baby is where it needs to be and since there is no sign of blood/bleeding at this point all is well. They just want to take every precaution possible. So here I sit, board as ever, but it is worth every minute! My family so willingly waited on my hand and foot last night when Payton and I spent the night with mom and dad, Meg and Nathaniel due to the huge snow and Travis working all night. Another night and day of lots of pain, but it will be Oh So worth it!!!!
God is good whether I am feeling great or hurting, His ways are much bigger than mine!
Oh Em....plenty of prayers for you! Please, keep me posted. I love you so much!
ReplyDeletethanks for the update I will continue to pray!
ReplyDelete