January 21st (after gagging on a chocolate bar) I decided I should take a pregnancy test and sure enough it was positive!! So just to be safe I took three more tests and all were positive.
The next day was so wonderful as we told family and close friends of our exciting news, celebrated at Olive Garden, and started praying for this precious life inside of me!
January 31st was our last day in leadership at Salem Community Church and it was hard but felt for a while God's leading to step down. We left with both Pastor JC and Pastor Bob's blessing and are looking forward to all that the Lord has in store. Soon after we heard the the Lord's clear calling of change and rest, we almost immediately found out we were expecting. This reminds me of a sermon pastor JC preached not too long ago about how favor is found in obedience.
We are excited and thrilled and nervous and all the emotions of expecting your first child.
As I write this I am not only experiencing new pregnancy changes, but I started getting the stomach flu last night and am more than ready for it to be over!
Within 7 months Travis's family will go from 2 grandchildren to 5! Micah is due March 23rd, Michelle August 2 and Emily October 2. For the Gerber's this will be the 3rd grandchild. Both families are excited for the new lives to expand the families!
I go to the Dr for the first time on Thursday and am filled with excitement that I can't even describe. Travis is excited but I don't know that it has completely hit him yet, but on March 1st when we will hear the heartbeat for the first time, I'm sure the full reality will hit!
yeah Em I am so Excited for you both!!!! I will pray the flu goes away soon!
ReplyDeleteMust have been something in the chocolate!
ReplyDeletePS: We are thrilled!