Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Doubting Is Not An Option!

Well this post comes with lots of smile and a greatful heart to a God who hears and answers prayers!
Our precious baby is perfect! The heartbeat is perfect, it's exactly where it should be in my uterus, it is measuring perfectly to date at 6 1/2 weeks!
When we saw the doctor yesterday he listened so intently to what was going on and then they did an ultrasound where i got to see our little peanut for the first time, and not only that but I got to see it's tiny heartbeat that seemed to take up it's whole body = )
I will never forget that moment for as long as I live.
Mom went with me as Travis reluctantly stayed back and worked his 3rd straight day in a row due to the snow.
The doctor said he is not worried about a misscarriage at this point and the baby looks perfectly healthy! The uterus, ovaries, yolk sac, and heartbeat are all perfect!
Then comes the question of what is causing my pain, well....he said it could be one of 2 things or both causing me so much pain. There is a lot of fluid surrounding my pelvis and that could have been caused by a ruptured cyst and the fluid is making it still more uncomfortable, but he mostly thinks the pain is due to my colon/bowels spasming/cramping. (I guess I should have warned you of the content of this post!!)
I had my gall bladder removed 4/15/2005 and unfortunately that area of my body has never been the same. I have learned what I can and cannot eat so that not to cause spasms/ sever cramping in my colon. However, the doctor said with all the hormones in my body it is causing a flare up, not matter what I am eating. The cure.....? nothing. I can take malox and periodically tylenol but for the most part I am depending and believing that the Lord did not design for us to be in pain as Christ took care of all of that for us on the cross. Am I human, yes, I get annoyed and frustrated, just wanting it to be overwith so that I can get back to some sense of a normal routine, however I am so filled with Joy that sometimes I believe that is the way the Lord has taken my pain away, I just don't focus on it!
Oh yeah...I told the doctor that we have had a vacation planned and paid for for a 1 1/2 years and we are supposed to leave in a few weeks. He wasn't too thrilled to hear that it was out of the country, but isn't going to dismiss is. I am to check in with him at the end of next week to let him know how I am doing and assuming not much has changed or I am better than he sees no reason why I cannot go. Whew!
Travis was thrilled to see the pictures of our baby and we both are in amazement of this whole process and how perfectly the Lord plans each step and phase and groth to a "T".
I was in severe pain on our way to the doctor yesterday, and out of the blue mom said, "ughh, I'm battling this thing and just started to pray, then waiting for the doctor, I get a text from Peggy and Stephanie saying they are praying and fasting until they received a good answer.
Doubting is not an option in my book. God has given me so many promises, has taken me from a life I can't imagine to a life of hope and preperity, and a future and he will not start failing me now. He will never fail me, he has this precious life wrapped in so much of Him, there is nothing for me to fear and nothing that I can't overcome with His help! There are so many people fervently praying for this child and for Travis and I and I can't even express our gratitude for that.
So YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm growing this amazing life inside of me and watching these weird changes my body is going through but am loving every second of it.
Thank you for praying, thank you for loving all three of us so much!

1 comment:

  1. yeah yeah yeah! I love reading your post and how you can see the good even in the pain:) Love you! I am so glad I was able to talk to you the other day!

    ReplyDelete