I can't even express how EXCITED we are!! Yesterday we got a 9 week ultrasound and everything was great! I posted the picture even though it is fuzzy. In the actual picture you can see baby's head, belly, arms legs, eyes, nose, mouth and chubby cheeks!!!!!!!!!! This is the most amazing miracle and I am so blessed to be a part of it. Travis was wide eyes with wonder as he saw his precious baby for the first time, I cried of course. We heard the heartbeat and saw our little one just squirming away. It looks just like a gummy bear...or a sour patch kid...ha ha ha.
I feel great and am blessed the pain has gone and I'm feeling semi-normal. I cannot stop eating but I gues that comes with the territory = )
We had a wonderful time on our trip and did not want to leave, it was very relaxing and great memories were made with family and friends. I'm still finding my mind wandering there every once in a while throughout the day! We are already planning a huge Gerber-Henricks vacation, kids and all in March 2012, seems like a long way away but I'm sure it will fly by especially with a baby.
I'm staring to notice more changes in my body. Actually I think because of water weight or something I was bigger several weeks ago, and then my belly went back down some, and now it's creepy back up....and everything else seems to be growing with it = ( I wore a belt with my dress pants to work yesterday and thought I was going to die...I unbuttoned pants and belt in the car on the way to the doctor and started walking right into the office and noticed I was not all put together...I got a good laugh at that. After we left the doctor we went to a neat maternity/ baby consignment shop nearby and bit the bullet and bought 3 pairs of maternity dress pants.
Poor Trav was about in shock from the moment we walked in to the "room with the stirups" until we left with maternity clothes in tow! While the Dr was examining me he was talking with Trav and (I am laughing so hard right now I almost can't type!) Travis was just mumbling through his answers not really able to give a straight answer for anything because he was traumatized by the whole stirups, exam, where the doctor was sitting to do the exam, ha ha ha, everything. He was so sweet though, It's going to be fun watching him throughout this journey!
My next appointment is April 5, I will be a little over 14 weeks. At this appointment I will get to hear the heartbeat without the internal ultrasound!
After that we will go between 19-20 weeks and we will have another ultrasound to check on baby and to find out the gender....yes we are finding out....but we'll keep the name a surprise until the birth!
Hey Emily!
ReplyDeleteI stumbled upon your blog through FB. It's awesome to read your comments and to remember the things we were going through not even a year ago.
Until becoming a father I never realized what a joy it could be. I thought I understood, but I didn't. You guys have begun such an awesome journey!
I'll pray for continued health for you and the baby, and keep posting those updates!