Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Almost 12 weeks!

Hey all,
Sorry it has taken so long to update, life has been busy but very good!
Today I am officially 11 weeks and 3 days along and our baby is the size of a plum = ) Seems unbelievable how fast time flies and it seemed that my belly was never going to grow, however, this was the first week I could tell it had grown and I now am having to wear some maternity pants. I lost about 10 pounds before I got pregnant and had dropped a pants size and I luckily kept my bigger pants and can still wear some of them. My sister-in-law had her C-section yesterday and has a happy healthy big baby boy at 19 inches long and 8.6 pounds and 2 weeks early! It makes me excited and ready for our bundle of joy, but I am still enjoying being pregnant and am anxiously awaiting to feel the kicks and feel the moving and find out what we are having, start deciding on names, get the nursery together and everything in between!
Our next appointment is in 2 1/2 weeks April 5th and I'll get to hear the heartbeat through the sonogram! That will be very neat. A week or so ago I really didn't feel like eating anything for dinner and Travis said, " you need to at least eat a peanut butter sandwich, because you need to make sure you are getting enough protein." Oh how sweet I though that was and I loved it and even though I didn't want to, I ate a peanut butter sandwich, and he asks me every day if I have taken my prenatal!! It just makes me smile.
We have decided to switch the room where we will make the babies and are excited to get started on painting, and all the fun decorations. Now my next challenge is to figure out how to keep my dog form shedding as much....hmmm, not sure if that will ever happen!
Miles (6) and Jackson (3) (my nephews), are excited and Miles really wants it to be a girl. Everytime I ask Jack what it's name should be he replies, "Payton Poe".....that is the name of our black lab... ha ha, Jack also informed me that he also has a baby in his belly. We were at my parents one night and everyone was getting in the hottub and I was explaining to them that why I couldn't get in. I jokingly told Jack that he probably shouldn't get in since he has a baby in his belly too, and he said... "well it isn't in my belly Meme, it's in my back, so I CAN get in, just you can't." You have to love the imagination of a child. I love that my children will have such wonderful cousins...it will be great!
As far as how I am feeling, I am feeling wonderful and can't complain about a single thing other than how often I have to shave due to the prenatals I am taking!
We are getting ready to make some major improvements on the house and are totally trusting the Lord to fund it! He is ever so faithful and we both are in amazement at how He provides.
We will be completely tearing out and replacing our front porch, painting the whole house (outside), putting in a few new windows and it seems like a million other things! We decided to this after one day I said to Trav, " you know how sometime you will look at a neighborhood and think, boy these houses are nice and so is the neighborhood, it's too bad those people couldn't just paint their house or keep it up a bit more, well, we are "that house". " So we decided to make a change!
So my next update will be after my appointment on 4/5/10.

PS still craving, banana peppers, pickles, mustard, etc! Can't get enough = )

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the update! haha.. God is totally faithful and He will continue to prove himself throughout your pregnancy and after the baby comes. Children are a sign of blessing!! Start your registry as soon as you find out so people can start blessing you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to see your adorable belly! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'm a follower now, first to Christ and second to you, LOL.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete