Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6 months already??

Hello friends!
Time has gone by so very fast!  Saturday will mark my 24th week of pregnancy...6 months!  I can't belive how much my belly and our baby girl have grown just in the last month.  She is a wiggle worm and loves to kick = )  Things are getting a bit harder to accomplish, I get short a breath a lot easier, my feet are swelling a lot so I can't sit or stand for long periods of time.  Shaving my legs, bending over and much more.  However it is so thrilling and exciting to not be able to do some of those things, because it means we are that much closer to seeing our little girl!
As for a name..... yes we have chosen a name and we were going to keep it a secret but decided not to!
So ,come the beginning of October we will have a little Maci Kate Poe!!!
Last weekend Travis went fishing and can home really late.  I as already in bed and woke as he crawled in.  I asked him how it was, and the moment he spoke, Maci positioned her whole body in the far right side of my stomach (closest to Trav) and started kicking up a storm!!!!  It was, hands down, the neatest thing we have experienced yet!  I know Trav was thrilled to know his baby girl, not only knows his voice, but longs to hear it!  Whew, I'm getting all choked up just thinking about it!  I can't imagine having a greater calling than being a wife and mom.  God's love for us is so unfathomable, but having this love for my child has given me a new awakening of how deep our Father's love really is for his beloved!
I see the doctor a week from today and I will be 24 1/2 weeks along.  It is just a check up and routine blood work. 
I have been so excited about having a baby shower and love looking at all the cute stuff online!  It is so fun = )  My shower will probably be sometime in the beginning or middle of August.  My mom, and 2 sisters are gracious enough to have one for me.
Trav and I started taking down border and painting primer in Maci's room, I can't wait to get it all put together!!  It will be a task but actually is the only room in the house we haven't redone, so after it is finished, we can breath a little bit, (until I find another project to do) ; )
I still find myself wanting to do things and forgetting I am pregnant and that I can't do them!  Trav is quick to remind me as the protector in him is now not only protecting one love, but 2!!
Lastly, Payton absolutely knows I am pregnant, I am convinced of it.  He follows me arond like it is his job and has mellowed so much even in the last 6 months.  He will be wonderful with Maci, that makes me so happy.
We will keep you all up to date on the Poe happenings as there are many!
Lots of Love and Blessings,
Trav and Em

No comments:

Post a Comment