I saw Dr. Bell yesterday as a routine exam, we listened to Maci girl's heartbeat which is always so wonderful. She is doing fine and growing. Mamma...however, is retaining way too much water. He estimated that of the weight I have gained, 10-15 pounds of it is retained water, mostly in my legs and feet. He said if it were up to him, he would put me in the hospital for 2 days to get rid of it so I would not get toximia, however, he said it wasn't up to him, as the insurance companies rule the roost (I did not offer to disclose my profession at that time!). He said what is happening as I sit all day at work, one of my main veins that carries blood supply to my legs and water back up and keeps circulation the way it should be, is cut off by a baby and uterus sitting on top of it and then bending restricts it even more. He has strictly ordered me to take 3 breaks in the work day and I have to lay on my left side for at least 45 min. each time. He wants to see me again in 1 week to see if I have lost any of my water and to monitor my urine and blood pressure. The blessing in all of this is that my blood pressure is staying low and it could be worse!! Praise God that I have such a wonderful Dr. also that the Lord has protected our baby girl form any happenings! If laying down is what it takes...that is much better than any other alternatives. We will keep praying for the Lord's provision and are still so greatful for all he has given us so far but more importantly just for who He is!! He never fails us and is so good to those who love Him.
Our house is still a work in progress, but Maci's room in on it's way, lots of painting, striping border, etc. But we got her new windows put in and are starting to see it coming together!!
We were going to take a trip to NYC with mom and dad, however we have decided to wait until after she is born and is big enough to go, especially with these things going on and all we have yet to do.
I have decided that there are a lot of cute boys clothes...but girls clothes are way cuter! I have to pace myself = )
I can hardly wait for my shower (Late August), I get filled with excitement just thinking about ti. I have registered at both Target and Sears and just love looking at all the cute stuff!
Maci is madly in love with her Daddy and she loves hearing his voice. Other than feeling her move in me, that is probably the most amazing thing about this whole process, it makes me cry every time I think about it, especially knowing what an amazing daddy he will be. She comes to life the moment he speaks. I also love seeing the wonder in his face and him falling in love with her already. When I think of the parallel of how much more the Lord is amazed with us when we worship him and talk to him and are mesmerized by his voice, I can't even begin to imagine how that makes Him feel!
A side note, please pray for my Dad as he is in China for 2 weeks delivering 50,000 Bibles to those who so desperately want to have the word of God!
I will make another update next week after I see the Dr. again. We love you all and thank him for such wonderful friends and family that are going through this incredible journey with us!
Blessings,
Trav, Em and Maci
= )
Em,
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you and Trav. Love the name Maci. Abby and Kieth are moving to Texas the 1st of July and I am just dying emotionally. I'm just praying for God's comfort. I know He promises to give us no more than we can bear and I'm trusting in that.
Love you,
Peggy Lynne