Yesterday's appointment was great, and fast, my kind of Dr's appointment!
I need to first say how wonderful Dr. Bell is and how blessed I am to have him as our Dr. during this pregnancy. He walked in the room and made me feel like he had been waiting for me all day and that we have been the best of friends, asked me how I was feeling, told me I looked great
and my weight was perfect for where I am in the pregnancy, his bedside manner is wonderful.
For someone having their first baby, he knows exactly what to say to calm fears and worries and god knew that I needed him to be my Dr. Just when I think God can't be any more amazing...he shows off = )
He asked about Travis and then we listened to the baby.
Hearing that heartbeat is just as amazing the 3rd time as it was the first...
That tiny little heart was just beating away and Dr. Bell said it sounded great and healthy!
I recorded it on my phone so Trav could hear it and I loved watching his face as he listened to it....Oh what a wonderful Daddy he is going to be!!
In the midst of conversation Dr Bell mentioned about me being 13 weeks and I said..."I thought I was 14" he checked the computer and I infact was 13 weeks....hmmmm, not sure how I got a week ahead but today I am officially 13 weeks 3 days.
Dr Bell asked if we wanted to do the genetic testing to find out the baby's liklihood to have down's or a few other chromosomal defects. Trav and I discussed that we do not want to do the testing as the Lord knows every thought our child will have, every hair on it's head and each cell in it's body and already loves it more than we can fathom, nothing will change how much we love this precious life inside of me , so testing seemed like a waste of my blood!! lol
My friend and next door neighbor Mari (who is also pregnant and just 2 weeks ahead of me) went with me and we hit a couple consignment shops afterward. Our favorite is Trader Tots, they have maternity clothes and tons of baby and kids clothes, toys, etc.
My next appointment is May 17th and we will have an ultrasound to see how Baby Poe is developing, but most exciting, we will find out if it is a baby girl or boy that is causing this mamma's skin to go crazy!
The belly continues to grow but I seem to have more energy and am already wanting to declutter ever square inch of our house = )
Trav has worked so very hard on our front porch and it looks awesome! He has had some help from our friends todd and Tanner and also from Dad, but for the most part he stuck with it and it will be done today!!
Painting the house is the next task and that will happen the first weekend of May.
I need to stop to thank the Lord for his provision and favor in our lives. I cannot imagine a life without total dependance on Him and I layed in bed last night wide awake, watching Travis sleep, and I can only imagine how much the Lord loves me to give me a husband as wonderful as Trav and a healthy precious child growing so perfectly inside me, a home, food, 2 cars, jobs, health insurance, clothing, and on and on and on. I can never be greatful enough. The blessings are an added benefit, but just that you loved me enough Lord to send your son, to die, and to rise again....I cannot comprehend the love you have for me.
Your Love O Lord, reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness, Stretches to the sky
Your righteousness, is like a mighty mountain
Your justice flows, like the oceans tide.
And I will lift my voice to worship you my king
And I will find my strength in the shadow of your wings.
No comments:
Post a Comment