Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ready for our baby girl...almost.... and the not so glamorous post.

As we quickly approach Oct 9th we are becoming ever more excited about the "big day"! 
We got word last night that she may be coming sooner than later.  The doctor has been keeping a close eye on mt swelling and blood pressure.  This past weekend I wasn't feeling well and when I called my blood pressure in yesterday afternoon, Dr. Bell wanted me to come up to Riverside to be evaluated.  That was a big shocker in many ways as we were not prepared...car seat, bag packed, camera, etc. but mostly we mentally we not expecting to have a baby this soon but made sure we had everything "just in case".
When we arrived the hospital staff was wonderful and took us right into a room where they hooked me up to monitors to listen to Maci's heartbeat and track it as well as track to see if I was having any contractions.  Her precious heart was fine and to my surprise I was having a few contractions, about 3 in the 2 hours I was there.  They told me it was perfectly normal for being only 4 1/2 weeks from my due date.  However, they did find trace protein in my urine and my liver enzymes were elevated, all signs that my body is moving toward pre-eclampsia.  Definitely not the route we wanted to go.  The on call Dr.  from the practice I go to came and saw me  and they sent me home with a huge orange jug to pee in for 24 hours.  Then I go to see Dr. Bell tomorrow and they will test my urine to see how much protein is in it and will evaluate the situation from there.  Each time I go, I have to be prepared for them to say, head to the hospital, we are going to induce you!  Pre-eclampsia is not something they mess around with as it can result in eclampsia causing serious problems and medical complications for both baby and mom and sometimes resulting in death.  There is no known cure other than delivery.  So that is why I am so very grateful my doctor is so attentive.
So, we now have our bags packed and ready and pray all complications hold off until our Maci girl can cook a little longer in mommy's belly, but also understand that our doctor knows best and will do what is best for both me and Maci.  I am on mostly bed rest but can still work some from my computer. 
Things are ever so real as we prepare for our little girl and are getting so excited about the rest of our lives with this precious life inside of me.
Travis is also getting so excited and has been wonderful along this ride.  He is a great support and looks forward to meeting his daughter soon.
We are grateful for all the Lord has given us and how he has so perfectly formed Maci, He knew her name before we did, he knows who's looks she will favor, He prepared he little personality from the beginning and loves her beyond measure.  What an incredible God we serve!
So friends, there could be may more posts about what's going on in the Poepack world and still 4 1/2 more weeks, or one more post about the arrival of our Maci girl!  Only time will tell, and we are trusting in the Lord for his goodness and faithfulness.
Thanks so much for your love and prayers!
Blessings,
Trav, Em, Maci and Payton

1 comment:

  1. Hang on, Maci! I am praying for you all to get through this smoothly. God may let you see her sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete