Friday, August 6, 2010

31 Weeks and Counting!

I am thinking of something Dorothy says on the "Wizard of Oz"..."Boy, things come and go so quickly around here."  I feel like that has been my life from the moment we found out we were pregnant!  It seems like yesterday we found out we were expecting, then anticipated the first ultrasound, then anticipated the second one where we found out her gender, now Travis patiently and me, not-so-patiently, await her arrival.  I tell him everyday I just wish she was here already.
I am "at that point" that you hear pregnant women talk of but never could really relate.  Well, let me expand a bit.  For me "at that point" is barely being able to shave my legs, huge swollen and hurting feet and hands, having my husband help "roll" me out of bed, barely sleeping due to being uncomfortable and using the bathroom countless times in the night, having to buy "larger" maternity pants, pregnancy skin, obsessively eating watermelon, waddling rather than walking, the heat, and oh, so many more things.
However, I often remember how incredibly blessed I am and all those things seem to fade as fast as they had come to mind.
I am blessed to still have her cooking in my oven, for her to be healthy and for me to be healthy, watermelon is a good thing to be obsessively eating, I have a wonderful husband who doesn't mind rolling me out of bed.....lol, A LOT of people get entertainment and a good laugh at how swollen my feet are, the lack of sleep now is just preparing me for when she is actually here, people are way nicer to big pregnant women and I must admit I use that for my benefit sometimes : ).
There are so many more things I am grateful for and I cherish these moments I have her dancing inside me.  I can't believe I only have 9 weeks to go. 
I am just as anxious for my baby shower and can't wait!  It will be so wonderful to have so many women that have invested in both mine and Travis' lives, to share this special time with us!  Mom, Meg and Sissy are throwing it for me and I am so thankful. 
I saw Dr. Bell this past Monday and he said I looked wonderful (I am determined he knows exactly what to say to a pregnant woman who feels like they look everything but wonderful). He still encouraged me to keep laying down as much as possible during the day to get rid of some of the swelling in my legs/feet.  He is still saying that about 15 lbs of what I have gained is fluid retention.  Not so fun now, but that is some real easy weight to lose!  Actually that is like a dream some true to be able to pee off 15 lbs!!  Ha ha.
I see him again a week from this coming Monday and have set 2 other appointments 2 weeks apart, then I start going once a week!
I am trying to prepare for being off workand make sure everything is set to run smoothly, even though knowing me I will still be doing quit a bit from home, like father like daughter, it is in the blood!
We will see how this coming week will go as I am working at our agency's fair booth everyday, thank goodness I am in the air conditioned building!  But I must admit not being on a diet while at the fair is going to be wonderful : )
We still...yes I know, have not finished the nursery, but for good reason, we got a leak in our roof where the nursery is and are in the process of fixing it first.  Sissy is coming Sat to help, Meg and Than sometime this weekend, and Dad on Sunday afternoon.  We are hopeful to get it knocked out this weekend.  We have a very busy next several weeks/weekends and I am hoping being busy keeps my mind off counting down the weeks until Maci is here!
We'll keep updating as the day starts drawing near!

No comments:

Post a Comment